Friday, August 13, 2010

8/13/10 "That teaser makes me want to see that movie."

The title of this blog entry is paraphrasing Billy Dautrick upon seeing the "Blaming George Romero" Teaser.


That teaser has been several weeks in the making, let me tell you. This teaser was a collaboration of Brad Resnick, Sean Feuer, and myself. So, thank you, guys. Gotta give a special shoutout to Sean who really came through, not just this teaser but for the entire summer as well. The guy does amazing work, as you can see from looking at that teaser.

See Brad, my fellow producer, felt that we should get a teaser out ASAP. He wanted people to see the footage before indiegogo closes, to give them an idea of what they were donating to. I was a little hesitant... I didn't want to push anything until it was ready (and then later in the process we switched places, whereas I wanted it out there and Brad was cautioning me to wait until it was ready... its a good balance).

So, I was on Facebook one night, mindlessly pimping the movie most likely, when I started a conversation with Sean. The conversation quickly turned to trailers, and how much he loves making them, and we started brainstorming what should be in the teaser. I have to say, we were on the same page the entire time, feeding off each other's ideas until we had what could be a pretty cool little teaser for the movie.

So, I took some of the footage we talked about and imported it in iMovie (this was before I got Final Cut), and started to edit a teaser. Now, the teaser I made was an okay blueprint... don't get me wrong.. but it didn't make me want to really jump up and see the movie. The music, by the way, comes from the late band Guido the Killer Pimp. Long story short, cut to this week, and we have this teaser... a teaser that made Bill (and myself) actually want to see this movie.

I hope it makes you feel the same way. Go to www.indiegogo.com/Blame_Romero to get a look at the tease. It is replacing our pitch video (we only have 5 days left anyway), but that video is still on youtube if you get nostalgic. So, check out the teaser... and if you can, please give... we are less than $2K from our goal... and every little bit makes a difference.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP