Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When all's been said...

Dear Friends, Family, and Fans of Blaming George Romero,

Two years ago in June, I set out to produce my screenplay, Blaming George Romero. I had never produced a movie before; I had only acted and written unproduced screenplays. It was a massive endeavor, filled with all kinds of fun and headaches.

Today, two years later, I thought of this blog and how I said I would keep posting updates as long as there were BGR updates to post. We are finished with our festival attempts, and we are now self distributing the DVD to anyone who may be interested. Just go to Amazon.com and search for the movie, where you can buy it on DVD or as a download.

Beyond that, I think as BGR's journey is over, so too is this blog.

 I am not done creating however! Red Scare is still active on the festival scene. Our first festival will be this coming Friday, June 1st at 7pm in Voorhies Hall on the Rutgers New Brunswick Campus. We have the honor of opening up the Summer 2012 NJ IFF. So, come out to that and support us. You can follow Red Scare updates at http://redscarethemovie.blogspot.com/.

Beyond that, my group of amazing fellow film makers has just finished 2 out of 3 short films we had in mind, and are set to work on the third and begin work on a pilot for an all new webseries. To follow information on that and all other things we work on, go to: splatizky.wordpress.com. Keep in mind I am new to that site, so I haven't figured out how everything works.

I am extremely happy with Blaming George Romero. Is it perfect? No, not at all. But it is the movie I wrote, and the movie we set out to make, and I am very happy to say that it is my first produced screenplay. 

Finally, I just want to express my thanks to all of the people who made BGR possible (and by making BGR possible, Red Scare, and so on and so on):

My fellow producer who kept my feet on the ground: Brad Resnick
The director and one of the stars of BGR: Robert Lise
The DP of BGR: Raul Garcia
AD's of BGR: William Dautrick & Miriam Cortez
Makeup for BGR: Mandy Jo Reinier & Loarina Gonzalez
Sound Department: Joey Mosca
Head Gaffer: Doug Youmans
Lighting Design: William Dautruck
Best Boy: Sean Feuer
The cast of BGR: Loarina Gonzalez, Dan Gregory, Isaac Platizky, Ramy Shedid, Christina Garced, Anderson Johnson, Adria Firestone, Chris Lucas, Adam Lucas, John Trigonis, Myron Covington, Wanda Madleigh, Mike Cutruff, Julie Ann Colon, William Dautrick, Aaron Visco, Bill Marks, and all of the wonderful zombies of BGR.
The rest of the grips and crew on BGR
My parents. 

And all of the donors who contributed their hard earned money towards helping us make one damn fine film.
 

Thank you all for everything,

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
Blaming George Romero

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP