Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat: A Trailer & Some Updates


Ahhh... I said awhile back that I wanted a new trailer out by October 31, just in time for Halloween, and I was as good as my word. Late last night we put the finishing touches on our latest trailer. I can't thank Sean Feuer enough for his invaluable help in the trailer creation. He knows his stuff, and if you watch the trailer it shows.

So, the trailer is out now. You can view it on our facebook page, here on the blog, youtbe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY3rAHuUepY, and soon our website: www.BlameRomero.com.

I am very happy with the reaction that we have received so far. It has been very positive. One of my friends, upon watching the trailer, told me how everything he saw before looked like a movie his friends put together, but this latest trailer... Well, this looks like an actual movie. I couldn't agree more. See, I have mentioned before that I am relatively new to Final Cut, so many of its features are new to me. And so, all of our footage prior to now was raw footage... direct from the camera. Imagine my surprise when we started editing this trailer together, Sean looked at me and asked, "Do you want to adjust the colors to make it look better than raw footage? More like film?" The only thing I could say was, "Is that a possibility?" Apparently it was, and we did. I think this makes a world of difference as far as the visual quality goes, and I wouldn't really know about it without Sean's help, so big thanks to him for that bit of knowledge. I learn something new about Final Cut every day, it seems.

So, the trailer is out there. Besides just looking better, it has much more detail about the overall plot. We see new characters, and get a better idea of just what's going on in this movie without spoiling anything.

As for the status of the movie itself... The pieces are together for the first cut of the film. The scenes have all been cut together. It runs 94 minutes. Now, we still have plenty of work to do. The color correction we did for the 2 minute 45 second trailer? That has to be done to the entire movie now. We have some audio to tweak, along with a few things to record still. Then we have to add SFX and music. But we are on our way.

On behalf of the entire cast and crew of "Blaming George Romero," I truly hope you enjoy the latest look at our little film.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP