Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's New?

I have been wanting to post something new for awhile, but haven't been able to think of one big thing to justify a new blog. So, here are a few smaller bits of what is new:

*The movie has been color corrected and widescreen bars have been added to the whole shebang.

*On two separate days, we recorded some extra dialogue and SFX for the film. There is a Behind the Scenes Featurette on one of these days that is currently being worked on. Fortunately, we didn't have to re-record dialogue. We just had to record dialogue that we saved for post for various reasons. We also had some SFX to create, which was fun, messy, and really good once they were put in the film. Big thanks on these days to Mike Cutruff and his father at RuffCutt Studios along with Keith McCord for the use of their respective homes for our recording.

*The end credits have also been finished since last I blogged. They are a lot of fun, and I am really very proud that I figured out how to shrink video down in final cut so that the credits could play alongside extra footage. I also got to add a dedication that I wanted to add for awhile, which makes me happy.

*Speaking of credits, we are also working on an opening credit sequence that, if we can manage it, will be really really cool. I just spoke to Bob, who came to my office with terrible, terrible drawings to show me his ideas for this... Luckily, the ideas were way better than the drawings. =)

*I have begun work on the "Behind the Scenes" DVD that was a perk for anyone who donated $200 or more to indiegogo. Right now here is what will be on it:

(1) Behind the Scenes Featurettes (All the Behind the Scenes videos we have shown so far, and some more that we have not)
(2) Blooper Reel (There are plenty of hilarious outtakes from shooting that have not been seen yet and will be seen in this reel.)
(3) The original Indiegogo Pitch (Potentially with outtakes and an alternate version depending on if I still have those saved =))
(4) A Lecture on Zombie-ology with Professor (and DP) Raul Garcia
(5) The Theatrical Trailer

and more!!!

*The movie itself is in pretty good shape. Now that the extra dialogue has been added, and video has been adjusted, the next step is AUDIO. There are a few audio issues that need to be worked out, and will be. I have been assured that its just a matter of tweaking a few things here and there. The other audio issue is music. I have some, and more is being worked on as I write. I am very excited with where we are at. Pretty soon, we will be ready to test the film to gauge reaction from small audiences... Then, we can make whatever adjustments are necessary... and then... Well, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but after that point that will be that. The film will be ready to be submitted to festivals (and hopefully it will make it through), and for everyone who has asked "When can I see it?" I am very happy that people want to see this movie. We are working out the wheres and hows of a larger "preview" screening, and as soon as we have the details worked out, I will share them with you.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP