Thursday, December 2, 2010

Can you spell Crowdfunding?


Happy Chanukah to all of our Jewish fans! Happy Zombanukah to our Zombie fans! And Happy Thursday to everyone else!

Here's the deal. I hadn't planned on writing a blog tonight, but I felt this topic deserved it.

In a recent blog post, I talked about several factors that came together that really made "Blaming George Romero" from an unfinished screenplay into a full fledged feature length movie. One of those factors was "Cerise." "Cerise" is a short film that was created by a friend of mine, John Trigonis. John opened my eyes to the world of crowdfunding, indiegogo in particular. He was using this tool to fund his film, and it gave me the hope that maybe I could do the same. Through this, we were able to raise over $7,000 to help fund "Blaming George Romero."

And then, throughout production (and even into post) John has been a wonderful source of information and help, and if he ever gets tired of my many questions he never shows it. All that, and he even has a role in "Blaming George Romero" too!

So, it is pretty cool that tomorrow "Cerise" will have its "Big Apple Preview." What is even cooler is that John is including trailers before his film from other crowdfunded movies that filmed around the same time as "Cerise." One of those films is "Blaming George Romero." So, it should be a pretty cool night. I'll be there.

For more information: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139282889455578&index=1

In other news, I announced on our facebook/twitter pages that I am accepting questions regarding "Blaming George Romero" to answer in an upcoming blog. If you have any questions regarding the movie, any questions at all, just ask through Facebook, Twitter, or this blog, and you shall be answered!

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP