Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sorry, Mario, the Princess is in another castle

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING BLOG CONTAINS VIDEO GAME METAPHORS, VENTING, INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2/7 SCREENING, AND A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT A NEW BGR RELATED PROJECT CALLED "RED SCARE."




I don't want to get to spoiler-y on you all, but in the original Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo, you go through a few levels, get to a castle, beat Bowser/Koopa/Dennis Hopper, and then you see the Princess... Only, wah wah, it isn't really the Princess. The Princess is in ANOTHER castle! This happens about 8 times before you get to the right castle. What does this have to do with BGR you might ask? See, you have to do a lot of work to get to the end of the castle and you may think you're close to victory, only to discover that you're not done!

This happened to me yesterday. See, we are really close... Damn close to being done with this movie. The only thing that needs doing is music and sound stuff, really. So, my sound guy (Joey Mosca) comes over and listens to the movie with a pair of headphones and adjusts any issues that he hears. (He did this from 4pm-9pm on Saturday! With only one break! The man is a trooper!)So, yesterday he tries to do this and the headphones don't work... No headphones work... Plug it in, and only the internal speakers work.

Its funny. I have had no problem with Apple products before. Any issues that I had were with human error (running with my iphone in the middle of a downpour, letting anyone else touch my ipad =P, etc.). I edited an entire movie on my iMac! It froze two or three times, but that was it. Now, when I just need the headphones to work (really the only time I need the headphones to work), they stop working. It could be worse, and I know that. Everything is backed up (twice), but its frustrating. I lose two-three days of work like this. "Sorry, Sam, the end of the movie is in a different week."

Went through a bunch of steps to see if it was a software thing (despite looking like a hardware thing)only to realize that it is, in fact, a hardware thing and needs to be repaired. Brought it in this morning, and should have it back by Friday.

But not all is bad. We have sold out our February 7th screening, and currently have 11 people signed up for our standby list. If you are one of our paying guests, I MUST receive your money by no later than January 21st. If I don't, I start selling to the standby list.

Also, we filmed a little something extra for the movie. It's a BGR-related little thing called "Red Scare." The initial idea to do it was my brother, Isaac's, but I took it and ran with it. Its a lot of fun. This past Sunday, we filmed myself, Isaac, Dan, Loarina, Bobby, Billy, and a new addition: Ahmed Elbabouhi. Sean Feuer graduated to camera guy/DP/etc. for this little extra. Joey continued on sound... etc etc etc. I got to have some locations that I wanted to use in BGR, but had no room for too. It was a freezing day. Isaac fell in the snow wearing just a tee shirt. Billy followed. Loarina toughed it out in seriously bitter wind wearing a skirt. It was cold, but really fun. We hope to premiere "Red Scare" along with BGR at the 2/7 screening... We may put it up on the various web pages afterwards.

Before I go, here are some pictures from the "Red Scare" shoot.



















Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP