Monday, July 12, 2010

7/12/10: Win some, lose some.

Let me tell you a little story. Today and tomorrow (Monday the 12th and Tuesday the 13th) we were supposed to shoot a huge scene... The biggest zombie scene in the movie. Over the weekend, my crew and I looked at the weather forecast and said, "Hmmm... Well, Tuesday looks like its gonna storm all day. Can we squeeze it all into Monday?" And it looked like we could. The shots could be had.. The weather called for cloudy skies.


On Sunday, Doug, Bobby, Raul, and I checked out the location and liked what we saw. We planned what we were going to do down to a science. We were all set.

Then, today arrives. I check the weather: cloudy. We get everything ready to go. We pick up the people who need picking up. Then, the weather starts to look funny. Like it may start storming any second. We check the reports, and now we are seeing possible thunderstorms for the evening. I have to make the call... Do we stay and cancel or go and risk it? I consult my people (I have people!). Weather says 30%... that's what we had when we went to Blairstown and we were okay then. We decide to go for it. Everyone seems really excited. This is a big endeavor we are about to undertake.

We all get to set, and start unloading. THUNDER. Fuck. Drizzle. Double fuck. The call has to be made. If we go for it, we risk the lighting/sound/camera equipment. If we cancel, we have to reschedule. There really wasn't much of a choice. Despite all of the work that went into prep, we had no room for error when it came to the equipment. I called it quits, we wrapped, and as we started taking the stuff off location it started to pour. We stood under tents, and ate the food we brought for the shoot, and bullshitted for a bit before calling it a night.

I could be much angrier... Much more upset... But I'm not. It's a weird thing. If it was a cast or crew problem, I would be pissed. This is the weather... weather that we literally had almost no time to prepare for. How can I get mad at that?

It also helps that I have such great people surrounding me. Seriously. The usual people: Bobby, Raul, Doug, Joey, Loarina, Dan, Billy, Miriam, Brad, and Sean were on set and their typical great selves. Returning friends of the shoot: Blake, Devin, Matt, and Kevin were great. Our great makeup artists: Mandyjo and Brittney came out and were ready to create awesomeness. Newcomers: Billy Farley, Katelyn Spinosa, Aaron Visco, Cassie Carelli, Doug's friend Tim (I think), and Billy's friend Austin, donator and friend of Loarina, Mark... All great sports, and big helps. I think that was everybody. Also, we have to thank Tim Lise and his fiance Jess for their assistance in finding the location and Resnick's True Value Hardware for all of their overwhelming, constant support.

So, that's it... our first (and hopefully last) canceled shoot. Hopefully, the rescheduling will go well and the shoot smooth.

Another reason to smile is that we finally broke $4,000 on www.indiegogo.com/Blame_Romero , which is a pretty nice thing to come home to.

9 more days...

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP