Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7/27/10: I'll sleep when I'm UNdead.

Ahhh... Most ambitious shoot yet? Check.

Last night (into this morning), alongside the cast and crew of Blaming George Romero, we shot the big zombie scene in a cemetery that we were supposed to shoot two weeks ago, but couldn't because of rain. Well last night there was no percipitation at all. It was, all in all, a beautiful night weatherwise.

Now originally, the cemetery shoot was scheduled for two nights, but because of weather we shortened it to one... and then when we rescheduled we just carried that one night plan along with us. We all knew it would be a long night, and a long night it was.

We entered the woods/cemetery at approximately 7pm. I arrived home at 7am, and got an hour sleep before work. It's a funny thing... I love sleep... But I have no problem staying up until 7:30am if its for this kind of thing... Waking up for work an hour later? Ehhh.

I just watched the footage from last night after a nice little nap... and I am happy. There were some things that we had to adjust last minute... But watching what we got, well... It makes me happy. It wasn't an easy night by any means... One of the three generators we had was on the fritz, but we still managed to get some great looking footage.

So! Special thanks (in no particular order) to:

Bobby & Raul... great shots, and good adjustments made on the fly.

Doug... Our lighting commander did it again. Even with the generator issues we had, he still made it work. And work very well... The lights are great on this shoot.

Speaking of lights, we had many new lights brought in by Bill Dautrick and operated by him and Matt Hudjnacki. Really good effects.

Julie Colon... Coming in for a great cameo, when she is so busy... Just amazing.

Joey... Sticking it out in the middle of the woods to run our sound as usual... without a chair for most of the shoot... Awesome.

Mandyjo... Creating an army of the undead that look great.

And speaking of... Our zombies (who were also our crew members both returning and new): Billy Dautrick, Aaron Visco, Casey Okamoto, Jared Visco, Matt Hudjnacki, Tim Gaffney, Mike Crops, Blake Zawadzki, Kevin Lennon, Sean Feuer.

Resnick's True Value Hardware for the use of a lot of stuff from generators to tables and chairs and more. We would literally be in the dark if it weren't for them.

And of course, my main cast members.

These guys (and gals) stayed into the early morning with me... When the going got tough, these people did not get going. I couldn't ask for more from these people, and I am so happy to have such good, generous people working with me.

Few pictures below... A lot of pictures that we took, I can't show you yet (zombies), but I hope these wet your appetite.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"














0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP