Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/20/10: It's nice not being stopped by the police.

Ahhh... Day 14 of shooting has wrapped, and what a day it was. We got to work with two great actors: Anderson Johnson & Chris Lucas... and we wrapped them both! It was an absolute pleasure to work with these two... What an honor... I can't tell you how good it feels when even your supporting actors, who are only in a scene or two, are so amazingly talented. Quick story, when I wrote the script, I wrote a part for AJ. I didn't tell him until it was done, and I had actually started to make the moves to actually get this thing shot. When I did, I asked him if he would do it... I don't know what he was thinking when I asked him... Did he actually think that we would get this up, or did he think it was a pipe dream? Maybe I should ask him one day. But he said yes, which was great. The part Chris plays was a little harder to nail down. It underwent several changes, as I didn't write it for any one person, but I couldn't think of someone to play the part. Then I thought to myself... What about Chris? Chris has always been one of my favorite actors, a true professional in every sense of the word. I didn't think he would say yes, but I had to ask... and he said yes, which thrilled me to no end. Cut to today, and he knocked the role out of the park. Seeing him and AJ act opposite of each other, even in this very brief scene, was one of the many highlights of this movie for me.

Also, we shot two other quick scenes at the same location, one of which we just let loose our DP, Raul Garcia... and he really came through. The footage I have seen so far was exactly what I wanted and more! So, here's to you, Mr. Garcia!

We shot in front of the ever gracious Pablo Caamano's house, so thanks to Pablo and his family for letting us shoot, and we had the delicious Cafe Notte pizza, which I am told was made by our very own Matt Hojnacki.

All in all, a very good shoot. Tomorrow we welcome Eva Visco to the set. Pray the weather is with us, as it keeps fluctuating.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
Blaming George Romero










0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP