Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6/15/10 Second Day of Shooting: Production Journal


Second day of shooting has wrapped. It was a long day, but we got some amazing footage. I haven't seen the dailies yet (too tired), but I watched the filming and saw some of the footage as we went and it really makes me happy. Look above to see one of the many pictures from today's shoot... Others will be up in the next day or so.


My last entry, I spoke about some of the technical aspects of the film, and how blessed I was to have such an amazing crew. That hasn't changed. If anything, they're getting better all the time.

But right now, I want to take a minute to talk about my actors. I consider myself an actor first and foremost (that's why I sign off with "Actor, Writer, Producer"). And in my career, I have worked with some truly amazing people. Seriously. And for some reason, through some stroke of luck, I have some of the best working on my movie. And for a good many of them, I wrote the part for them... Others were cast later, and I can honestly picture no one else doing the parts.

Yesterday, I worked with my brother, who I love working with more than just about anyone. He is always a treat to work with, and I am very happy that he is a part of this. I can't wait until some of our more detailed scenes.

Today, I got to watch some of Bobby and Loarina's scenes together, and I love it. Bobby is one of my oldest and most trusted acting buddies, and so far he is balancing directing and acting very well. Loarina is one of my newer acting buddies, and she is always fun to watch... Just look at how she owns the Indiegogo video... so subtely. But she does it!

And then, get this... I have known Christina Garced for about 6 or 7 years now... We have done many, many shows together. But our characters have never had more than a line or two between them! And I've always wanted to work with her... So, I am very very happy that she is a part of this project, playing not just one... but two parts! Two parts, you say? How is that possible? Well, you'll just have to watch the movie... but some of the production photos that go up in the next day or so may give you a small hint. Anyways, I have always wanted to work with her, and now that I am it was worth the wait... A terrific actress!

In the days and weeks to come, I am going to work with some other of my favorite actors and actresses and I cannot wait: Adria Firestone, Anderson Johnson, Chris Lucas, Dan Gregory, Ramy Shedid, John Trigonis, Eva Visco... and more!

Like I said, I got really lucky. I love my leads... I love my secondary characters... I even love my minor roles. Great cast.

That is all for tonight... Photos from tonight coming soon!

Stay Tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP