Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Day of Shooting Pt 2: Production Journal

Since I last posted, I have watched the digital dailies from yesterday's shoot. I have to say there is some good looking stuff in there, and I'm not just saying that because I was in my boxers for a majority of the shoot.

I am not the most technical savvy person there is... I have done some tech stuff in theatre and film, but that usually just amounts to "put this over there, try not to drop it, and don't fall down." And I can usually get at least two out of the three... usually. But my main focus has always been on acting and writing, and now producing, so I knew I'd have to surround myself with people who knew what they were doing. And I thank God that I have. We have a great technical team in: Raul Garcia (DP), Doug Youmans (Lighting), Joey Mosca (Sound), Billy Dautrick (AD and all around awesome tech person), and Robert Lise (Director). We also had some PA help yesterday from Sean Feuer and Loarina Gonzalez (who was awesome enough to help out behind the camera on a day when she wasn't filming).

Yesterday's shoot was one of our easier shoots as far as things go. We had a minimal amount of scenes, not too many angles, and few lines. But that was a good thing, I am thinking. It gave us the time to click into place as a unit, a good thing since we have 22 more days of filming, some of which will be very difficult shoots in varying locations. Also, the first day of filming I also got to act opposite of my brother, Isaac, which just feels appropriate seeing as how the first time I ever acted was with him. Why not have the first day of shooting echo that?

I think we really did come together well, and I am hoping that that is a good omen for the next 6 weeks.

So, this is it. We are into it now. 22 more days of filming. Many different locations. One fantastic cast & crew. And a pretty darn good script, if I do say so myself =P

Tonight is the 2nd night of shooting. We have some more involved scenes going on, and our director steps in front of the camera for the first time of the shoot. Will he be able to do it? Will he be able to handle the strain of directing and acting? Or will he choke? Only time will tell... (I am pretty sure he won't choke.)

I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow with some more production photos and updates on filming. I leave you right now with one thought. There is something mindbogglingly amazing about laying down after a day of shooting, turning on the air conditioning, and watching the scenes that were filmed earlier in the day... scenes that I wrote, come to life.

Stay tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP