Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6/22/10 Production Blog/Pictures: "Poor man's process... Not Easy Man's Process."

Dear Friends,

Yawn. I just woke up from an hour long nap. That hour long nap was half as long as the amount of sleep I got last night.

At some point, last night, my friend and AD Billy Dautrick said to me: "This is the poor man's process... No one said it was the easy man's process." How right he was! He was referring to the scene we shot last night. We were shooting all of the interior car scenes. The entire process of this could be the subject of another blog, and you can see bits of how we did it in the photos below. But, here's the thing... It may not be the easy man's process, but it certainly was the lucky man's process. See, a few weeks before filming I was contacted by someone I did not know... This someone had read that I was making a movie, and wanted to work on it as well. The person in question is Sean Feuer. He has been our PA, and has been at every shoot so far. He has helped out a great deal, from carrying stuff to the not so great job of propping a door open from inside a dark room, but last night Sean really earned his keep. He brought in two friends, and in conjunction with light man extraordinairre, Doug Youmans, they created this entire rig that you will see below. And it was not an easy set up. We shot from 10pm-2:30am. But in the end it was so worth it.

And we, once again, enjoyed the hospitality of Augie Caamano Jr. and his wife Donna, as they let us film in their backyard. Fantastic people. SO generous. They really don't make 'em like that anymore.

After packing up, and getting home, most of us had two hours of sleep because we had a super early shoot this morning. But every single one of my crew and cast showed up, and worked as if we had full nights' sleeps. Professionals. Dedicated. Awesome. We also got to welcome my old Professor, Anderson Johnson, to the set today as it was his first day of shooting.

So, yeah. I am tired. But I'd have it no other way.

Pictures from both days of shooting are below. I hope you enjoy them. They detail some great people doing amazing work, as I am sure you know. We may be dealing with a "poor man's process..." It's the nature of a low budget film (of course, we'd have a larger budget if more people donated to www.indiegogo.com/Blame_Romero ;) ). But that doesn't mean that we aren't putting our blood, sweat, and tears into this film. And I am glad I have such a terrific group of people to do it with.

That's all for now, folks. Next day of shooting is Thursday, with a fun little cameo that Bayonne residents are sure to love. Until then...

Stay Tuned!

Sam
Actor, Writer, Producer
"Blaming George Romero"

































0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP